Dolphin Mattress Features
- Prevents and treats wounds by simulating immersion of the patient in a fluid medium
- Minimizes soft tissue deformation and maintains near normal blood flow
- Automatically adjusts to each patient's weight, surface area and repositioning
- 12 hour battery life allows for active therapy, even during patient transport
- Fits existing bed frames, including ICU, Med/Surg, and Bariatric
- Available in standard, bariatric and pediatric models as well as wheelchair and stretcher configurations
- Width Options: 35", 42", 48"
- Length Options: 82", 88" (step deck)
- Weight Capacity: 500-1000 lbs. depending on configuration
- Stretcher: 36"(W) x 76"(L) x 5"(D); 700 lbs.
- Wheelchair: 17"(W) x 17"(L) x 4"(D); 250 lbs.
- Crib: 29"(W) x 57"(L) x 5" (D), 28"(W) x 50"(L) x 4"(D); 250 lbs.
- The Fluid Immersion Simulation technology of the Dolphin System reduces soft tissue distortion and promotes blood flow, creating a platform that is highly effective for the prevention and healing of pressure ulcers through Stage IV, as well as treating patients with post-operative flaps and grafts.
- The Dolphin FIS System may also be used for patients whose medical condition precludes turning and repositioning, or where these interventions may be contraindicated as they place the patient at risk for further compromise, as well as patients with spinal cord injury once the acute injury has been stabilized and these patients have been cleared by a physician. In all cases, Joerns clinical indications are guidelines and should be taken only as recommendations for consideration during individual patient assessment by the clinician.
- 2 years on the advanced support surfaces
- 2 years on the electromechanical mattress components (compressors, valves, printed circuit boards, hoses, and couplers)
- Damages arising from improper use will not be covered by this warranty