To meet the nutrient needs of the infant or child, infant formula, breast milk or additional food choices must be given to supply protein, lysine and tryptophan requirements. These may be added to the Glutarex-1 mixture or prepared separately as instructed. Depending on the specific needs of each patient, preparation will vary as prescribed by physician.
- Give only to infants and toddlers with proven glutaric aciduria type I who are under medical supervision. Must be supplemented with protein and fluid in prescribed amounts to completely meet lysine, tryptophan and water requirements.
- Not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for IV use.
- Do not boil mixture or use terminal sterilization.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns can result.
- Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor.
6 Each / Case