Our Privacy Promise
Read it here
How to connect tubing to an oxygen tank
Posted on 31st , May 2012
In hospitals, oxygen is supplied from a central oxygen supply facility via an outlet in the wall. A flow meter regulates the oxygen supply. The physician will prescribe oxygen levels to be administered to a patient. Elsewhere such as at home, oxygen tanks which contain the gas in its compressed form, are deployed.
Here's how you connect the cannula or tubing to the oxygen tank:
1. The oxygen tank or cylinder will have a plastic cap or plug covering the cylinder valve. These will be of different sizes in accordance with the cylinder size. Remove this cap or plug.
2. Place the regulator (which should have a flow meter attached to it) on the valve. Tighten the regulator.
3. Open the cylinder valve.
5. Attach humidifier to the flow meter. Ensure that this is mounted in an upright position.
6. Attach the cannula tube to the humidifier.
7. Open the valve in the flow meter in accordance with the doctor's orders. When the flow meter indicates low levels of oxygen, it's time to replace the oxygen tank.
As you can see it is not difficult to set up oxgen tank at home just that you have to pay attention to the flow meter at all times.
Built with Volusion