Medicare and Insurance FAQs

Does Cascade Healthcare Solutions process insurance or Medicare?
Cascade Healthcare Solutions can not accept insurance as payment or bill your insurance because we do not work directly with insurance companies. Credit or debit card payment is required at the time of purchase, but you can seek reimbursement from your insurance company and/or Medicare afterwards. We recommend contacting your insurance company and/or Medicare for information on their specific eligibility requirements.

Will Medicare reimburse me for my purchase?
If you have Medicare and want to know if Medicare will reimburse you for the product you are looking to purchase, you will need to call them at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), give them your Medicare ID number, and also give them the HCPCS code of the product you would like to get reimbursement for. Common HCPCS codes include:
• Oxygen Concentrators: E1390
• Portable Oxygen Concentrators: E1390/E1392
• microAIR Mattresses: E0277

If you don't see the product you are interested in ordering listed under the common HCPCS codes list, please give us a call at (877) 480-3028 and we would be happy to help.

How do I submit my reimbursement request to Medicare?
If you have Medicare coverage and would like to be reimbursed for your purchase, you will need to give them a copy of your prescription from your physician for the type of medical equipment prescribed with your diagnosis. After your purchase is complete, you will need to print out a copy of your Cascade Healthcare Solutions order confirmation, as well as print and fill out a copy of Medicare's one-page claim form (1490 form). Some equipment requires a Certificate of Medical Necessity. Once you have your prescription, order confirmation, and Medicare claim form ready you can turn them in to your Medicare carrier. Medicare usually reimburses up to 80% of the price with your secondary carrier typically covering the rest.

Why should I buy from Cascade Healthcare Solutions vs a Medicare Authorized Provider?
We know that saving money is important. Because Cascade Healthcare Solutions does not process insurance or Medicare, we are able to offer wholesale pricing on medical equipment and home healthcare supplies to our customers. This helps keep our prices lower than providers who process insurance and commonly charge the maximum amount allowed by Medicare. Since Medicare generally only covers up to 80% of the price of qualified products, customers without secondary insurance are stuck with a larger bill for the remaining 20% when they purchase from medical supply companies that process Medicare.

For example: A common amount that a provider who processes Medicare would charge for an electric patient lift would be $4,000.00 USD. If you qualified with Medicare to be covered for the lift, you would have to cover 20% of the price that Medicare won't cover. In this example that would be a total of $800.00 USD.

Cascade Healthcare Solutions offers a wide variety of electric patient lifts at an average price of $2,500.00 USD. If you qualified for Medicare reimbursement of 80% of your electric patient lift purchase, your 20% co-pay would only be $500.00 USD in this example.

Medical Equipment Rental
If you know that you will need the product for more than just a couple of months, in many cases it makes sense for customers to purchase the product and save money in the long run. Medicare typically requires that you rent equipment, like wheelchairs, hospital beds, hospital mattresses, and patient lifts, for 13-36 months before you can own it. Since the total cost of renting can be higher that the purchase price, many choose to buy equipment on their own.

A key benefit of purchasing your equipment rather than renting is that the products purchased are brand new and come standard with a manufacturer warranty that takes effect the day the product ships out. You can be assured that the product is much less likely to have issues than a used rental product would. The brands we offer are the top in the industry, and because the products are new, they are also the most recent and advanced models. 

Get deals in your inbox

100% Secure Shopping

mcafee norton bbb-img

Stay Connected